MSc Applied Social Work Practice Continuous Professional Development
AIMS OF MODULE:
- To provide the opportunity to develop a range of methods, strategies, theories and approaches to direct work with a child/young person
- To enable entry into the child’s/young person’s world and perception in order to improve outcomes for them
- To enable you to develop your skills in communicating with and undertaking direct work utilising observations of children and young people
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES:
- Critical appraisal and demonstration of the main dimensions of child and adolescent development. This will include the developmental milestones, which children and young people need to achieve optimum development
- Critical analysis of the impact and use of current legislation and policy in working with children and families
- Identify the developmental needs of children and young people and critically evaluate the impact that all forms of abuse, violence and other trauma have on children and young people, including insecure attachment and loss, which can contribute to ineffective care and prevent optimal outcomes
- Evaluate assessment and intervention theories and techniques for working with children, young people and families and apply this to your practice
- Acknowledge the centrality of relationships for people and key concepts of attachment, separation, loss, change and resilience
- Value and take account of the expertise of children, young people, carers and professionals
ASSESSMENT: CRITICAL EVALUATION REPORT 5,000 WORDS
Formative: Multiple Choice Papers Formative assessment is intended to mirror the NAAS process. There will be two multiple choice papers, and a live simulation where you will be expected to respond to a live scenario. This will involve engagement with parents and undertaking a family assessment.
Summative: 5,000 words A written assignment about a current or past case that you have managed. This will include a critical evaluation of professional social work practice, demonstrating knowledge and skills related to the KSS (children). Individual tutorials will be available and formative feedback will be given.
This module forms part of the MSc Applied Social Work Practice CPD programme.
For more info contact Julie Lawrence on 01612956983