AIMS OF MODULE:
By the end of the ASYE you should have consistently demonstrated practice in a wider range of tasks and roles to become more effective in your interventions, thus, building confidence and earning the confidence of others. You will have more experience, knowledge and skills in relation to a particular setting and user group, and have demonstrated the ability to work within more complex situations. You will seek support through supervision appropriately, whilst starting to exercise initiative and evaluate your own practice.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES:
- To understand the basic principles of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment
- To improve outcomes for service users, carers and families
- To increase the credibility of the social work profession, thus guaranteeing quality and confidence
- To provide newly qualified social workers with appropriate and adequate support, thus improving quality assurance and staff retention
Assessment of a portfolio of evidence:
- Three observations of practice
- One reflective journal
- 3 service users’ testimonies
- Line manager report
Evidence for the portfolio is required throughout the year and will be assessed by a colleague and a university tutor. You will be entitled to on-going formative support and assessment through your supervision arrangements with your line manager and tutor.
Reflective Assignment (50%): Critical analysis of risk, using a case from your workload.
Professional Discussion (50%): Will explore your ability to critically reflect on your learning and development over the year, using the relevant Knowledge and Skills Statement(s) (KSS) alongside the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Work.
This module forms part of the MSc Applied Social Work Practice CPD programme
For more info contact Julie Lawrence on 0161 295 6983