This Child Criminal Exploitation, County Lines & Gangs handout has been created to help develop good practice and support social workers. It explores the definition of child criminal exploitation and county lines and signs professionals need to look out for. It also offers information on who are vulnerable to exploitation and how to protect children and vulnerable adults.
- What is child criminal exploitation (CCE)
- What is county Lines
- CCE: A business model
- Putting children & vulnerable adults at risk
- Dangers of cuckooing
- How do gangs recruit
- Grooming & coercion
- Child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- Signs of CCE
- Identifying CCE post arrest
- Who is vulnerable to CCE
- Protecting exploited children
- Victims not ‘offenders’
- Raising awareness.