This Section 47 Enquiries Assessment Handout has been created to help develop good practice and support social workers when conducting assessments in Children Services. It offers information on how to conduct a Section 47 Enquiry, timescales and the correct procedure to follow.
- Duty to Conduct Section 47 Enquiries
- Local Authorities Duty & Purpose
- Responsibility for undertaking Section 47 enquiries
- Strategy Discussion/Meeting
- Strategy Discussion/Meeting Timescale
- Purpose of a Strategy Discussion/Meeting
- The Section 47 Enquiry
- Single Agency & Joint Agency Section 47 Enquiries
- Involving Children, Parents and Other Significant Family Members
- The Child
- Parents & Significant Family Members
- The Outcome of Section 47 Enquiries
- Medical Assessments
- Process to Follow at the Conclusion of Criminal Investigation (NFA Procedure)
- Feedback from Section 47 Enquiries.