A Guide for Children being Adopted
Posted: 01 October 2018
This is a direct worksheet that offers information and a guide for children being adopted. It offers information on what adoption is and resources that can be used to help children (and practitioners).
- What is adoption?
- Why are children adopted?
- What is it like being adopted?
- What are adopters like?
- You’re not alone
- Who will help me become adopted?
- Who can I talk about adoption?
- Who decides I am going to be adopted?
- Who chooses my new family?
- Will I be able to meet my new family before moving in with them?
- But what about my foster family?
- Will I still be able to stay in touch with people who are special to me?
- How do I get adopted by my new family?