Over The Wall Children's Charity
Posted: 25 February 2019
Over The Wall is a charity that aims to empower children with serious illnesses to become the hero of their own story. We help families reach beyond the distress of life-limiting illness to discover joy, confidence and a new world of possibilities by providing free, transformative, residential activity camps throughout England and Scotland. We encourage children to be who they are and love who they are. Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, Over The Wall provides a safe environment for children to build confidence and self-esteem while first-class medical care ensures our unique ability to cater for more than 130 different conditions.
We run free residential activity camps in Dorset, Wiltshire, Staffordshire, South Yorkshire, Fife and Perth for children who are experiencing the challenges of life-limiting illness. Camps are delivered with no cost to the children’s families – we don’t charge a penny for anyone to attend our camps, but as a registered charity, fundraising and donations are key to sustaining our development.
Volunteers are an essential part of Over The Walls residential camps, and we are looking for volunteers from all works of life to be part of our young people's journey. We are also looking for volunteers with specific skills around safeguarding ( at Level 3 Child Protection trtaining and above)
There are many benefits to volunteering with Over The Wall:
- You will participate in a unique and unforgettable experience; one that is interesting fun and rewarding
- You will volunteer for a brilliant cause with a reputable national organisation
- You will meet fantastic new people, make friends and be a part of the Over The Wall Volunteer community
- You will be able to share your skills with other people, while learning new skills yourself
- You will develop and strengthen your own, and support others with their: team work skills, confidence and leadership, time management skills, organisation and planning, creativity, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills all while having fun
Volunteering with Over The Wall is an excellent way to build skills in an a unique and supported environemnt.
For more info contact Zoe Grant on 02392477110