N-Vision is a local independent charity providing services and support to anyone with reduced vision living in the area regardless of age or means. The charity was first formed in 1910 and continues to provide services over 100 years later.
Make a referral: Please contact 01253362692
Those services include:
- The Princess Alexandra Residential Care Home – Providing dedicated care and support for visually impaired people
- Low Vision Centre – Offering support and information to anyone with reduced vision, their families, friends and carers
- Talking Newspaper Service – Providing a variety of newspapers, magazines and information using modern digital equipment, enabling us to produce a high quality weekly programme for visually impaired people across Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre
- Transcription Service – A professional and cost effective digital transcription service
- Conference facilities – Two meeting rooms, both on one level, available to hire
- Charity Shop – At Highfield Road, Blackpool selling good quality clothing, furniture and bric-a-brac
- Sight Awareness Training – Provided by our team based in the Low Vision Centre
VIPs Project – Visually Impaired Personalisation Support Brokerage Service, Funded by the Big Lottery. This service is free and is basically about promoting the person, their needs and focusing on what they want.
- Care Givers at Home – part of the trading arm of N-Vision providing high quality specialist home support that encourages independence and wellbeing. All profits made are channeled back into the organisation to help maintain sustainability.