These are a few of the many areas the mentors help out with:
- Provide support and encouragement for young people to attend social activities
• Discussing the dangers of smoking, drugs and alcohol
• Assisting with making the right choice of property when successfully moving on
• Help and advice with interview skills and techniques
• Helping complete Job application forms
• Assistance with further education applications
• Assisting with CV development
Care and Community work towards supporting the young to achieving good physical, emotional, mental and sexual health. They ensure early identification and appropriate action in the event of a young person’s ill health and support the young present take the treatment prescribed, liaising where appropriate with their social worker and those with parental rights. We will keep a record of their health, their treatment medication and administration, and their development.
Another one of their aims is to provide a physically and emotionally safe environment with appropriate support from a network of other agencies and organisations (Princes Trust, Connect, Connexions, NYAS) to meet their individual needs.
Making Positive Contributions
Care and Community engage their residents with weekly key working sessions, cook and eat nights, DVD and film nights and other practical sessions that they may not have experienced previously. They also encourage participation in the local community such as volunteering with a charity to raise funds or work experience in a charity shop.
If you’d like to find out more, contact Richard below:
Tel: 01253 342 017
Mob: 07852 720 450