Blackburn with Darwen Council are currently recruiting for an experienced Adults Social Worker to work in their Neighbourhood team. This post is covering duty and crisis work as well as long term cases.
Some of your duties will include:
- To undertake assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm. This includes promoting a multi-agency approach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults
- To work in partnership with service users and carers using a person-centred approach, with the aim of maximising independence, wellbeing and choice.
- To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise and provide support and expert advice to social care assessors, students and partners.
- Ensure compliance with Care Act and have excellent knowledge of safeguarding and Mental capacity act requirements and be able to ensure all legislative requirements are upheld in own practice
To apply for this the Social Worker must:
- Have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
The position is to start ASAP so if you are interested in finding out more please contact Imogen Newman on 0161 233 1600 or email@example.com
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrownsynergy.com
For more info contact Imogen Newman by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org