This is a busy and dynamic team offering a statutory service to Looked After Children, Care Leavers and Homeless Young People some of whom will have very complex needs. We work with Young People from the age of 16 potentially up to 25 helping them to develop their Pathway into independence.
With outstanding communication skills and the ability to engage with resistant Young People you will be committed to improving life chances and outcomes for Care Leavers. You must have excellent skills in assessment, analysis and planning as well as being comfortable in managing complex and challenging needs, risks and behaviours. You should understand the disadvantage faced by Care Leavers and be able to work creatively and collaboratively to redress this balance.
This can be demanding but rewarding work. We have a strong teamwork ethos with frequent team meetings. You can expect regular formal supervision, easy access to informal support and excellent in-house training.
As a Looked After Children Social Worker, your duties will include:
- Liaising with other professionals, including foster parents and home managers
- Having extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Working with children on protection plans, looked after children and children in need
- Overseeing child protection care proceedings
- Attending court and providing reports
- Supporting adopters
- Working with PLO (Public Law Outline)
- Section 47s
- Core assessments
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC reviews
To apply for this position you must have:
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience (and 5 years of references)
- Social work degree or equivalent (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW)
- Experience working in a Looked After Children team
- HCPC Registration
- Full, clean driving licence
Why work with Eden Brown?
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS + Compliance
- Assess to executive roles unavailable from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant
- Wide selection of positions across the UK
- Referral bonus - £200 if we place someone you referred to us
- Find your own job bonus - £200 if you bring your own job to us
For more information, please contact Joe White on email@example.com or call me on 0113 2207540
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrownsynergy.com
For more info contact Joe White on 0113 220 7540