The post holder will report to the Professional Lead for Social Care (Manchester Services) at Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) whilst taking day to day instruction from the Senior Social Worker on duty daily at the City-Wide AMHP Hub.
The main purpose of the role is to act as a full time Approved Mental Health Act Professional (AMHP) as required by the Mental Health Act, operating from the City-Wide AMHP Hub carrying out all AMHP duties.
They will liaise with GPs and other key partner agencies to develop and maintain multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working. They will provide a high quality, comprehensive assessment for allocated Service Users, involving as appropriate the views and input from Nearest Relatives, other relatives, other service providers (both Trust and external) and carers.
They will assess and where appropriate arrange admissions to hospital either under the Mental Health Act (1983) or on a voluntary basis, or refer/signpost to alternative least restrictive alternatives to admission.
They will take referrals from across the city for both Guardianship and Community Treatment Orders on a rota basis and in liaison with the Professional Lead for Social Care (Manchester Services).
The main contacts of the job will be GMMH Practitioners, Team Managers, Senior Trust Managers, Manchester City Council Legal services, Police, Local Authority staff and independent and voluntary sector organisations, Service Providers, Service Users, their relatives and carers and members of the public.
- To maintain high standards of service user care, ensuring individuality and dignity is maintained at all times, while promoting independence wherever possible
- To provide information and support for nearest relatives and where appropriate carers and families.
- To liaise closely with other statutory and voluntary agencies when required.To be involved in the support and training of final year students/AMHP trainees and where appropriate in negotiation with the Social Care Lead to support student placements/ASYE.
- To share knowledge and skills in a wide range of areas, but particularly legal and practice issues as they relate to Mental Health Legislation.
- To assist with formal and informal education activities for Trust staff, other agencies service users and carers.
- To ensure patient confidentiality and adherence to local health and safety policies.
- To assist in identifying personal training needs through yearly appraisals, participating in appropriate training programme to meet these, including keeping up to date with mandatory training.To participate in the process of professional & managerial supervision on a regular basis.
You will need to hold a social work degree/or social work qualification and have up to date HCPC registration.
You must hold a recognised professional Social Work qualification (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and be HCPC registered. Additionally, you must have at least two years post qualifying experience and be able to provide five years of references.
If you are interested in this position and looking to make your next move please call Julia Snowball on: 0113 220 7540 or forward through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dont forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £250 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isnt for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £250 could be on its way to you!
Your expert recruitment consultant is Julia Snowball, call today on 0113 220 7540 or email email@example.com
Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dont forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £200 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isnt for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £200 could be on its way to you! Your expert recruitment consultant is Julia Snowball, call today on 0113 220 7540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
For more info contact Julia Snowball on 0113 220 7540