Domestic violence; management; Essex
Your new company
Hays are supporting and recruiting for a specialist Domestic Violence Group
We support those who use/ need our services in their journey from risk and crisis to recovery and resilience. We are determined to promote recognition of Domestic Abuse and its impact, for individuals, families and communities.
We will respond to Domestic Abuse by providing a range of evidence based specialist services on the basis of risk, need and choice.
We will work collaboratively with individuals, families and partner agencies to reduce risk of harm
Your new role
- To be the lead contact for the High and Medium risk community pathway in West Essex with responsibilities across Maldon, Chelmsford, Harlow, Epping and Brentwood
- Line manages a team of Independent Domestic Violence Advisers and Domestic Abuse Practitioners inclusive of all HR functions to ensure high quality service provision on the basis of risk, need and choice.
- Hold day-to-day responsibility for Safeguarding in the locality, ensuring all Safeguarding processes are followed, both in line with organisational policies and processes, legal framework and national and local guidance. Provide advice and guidance on safeguarding and information sharing concerns to all staff operating in the locality
- Build and maintain partner relationships to support clients experiencing domestic abuse
- Line manage a team of IDVAs and DAPs inclusive of all HR functions; supervision, performance management, recruitment, induction and identification of training need and CPD requirements.
- Ensure clients receive a high quality of service provision on the basis of risk, need and choice by means of regular task and co-ordinate and case review processes as per minimal standards of practise.
- Ensure clients receive a timely service to meet their individual risk and needs through allocation to IDVA and DAP in line with contractual obligations
- Collate and contribute to quarterly service reviews which include monitoring data, evaluations, case studies and practice and work load reviews for the service.
- Influence and develop victim informed responses to aid the development of domestic abuse services in the locality
- Support colleagues and partner agencies through awareness raising and institutional advocacy, in order to provide the best possible service for victims of domestic abuse.
- Act as the lead for the community pathway in the locality, maintaining and developing operational partnerships to ensure clients are in receipt of support in a multi-agency context
- Participate in the duty manager rota (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm).
What youll need to succeed
- Managerial/leadership experience
- Management of risk and safeguarding issues and procedures and the associated legal responsibilities.
- Working within legislative frameworks and using this application to develop, influence and encourage partnership working.
- Have experience of support and guiding clients, and have excellent advisory and negotiation skills.
- Have excellent crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
What youll get in return
What you need to do now
If youre interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isnt quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For more info contact Daniel Essery on 020 7259 8715