Service manager; ex-offenders; substance misuse; mental health;
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for a organisation that provides personalised support, care and recovery to people with multiple and complex needs. This includes people who experience mental ill health, substance misuse and dependence. The clients may also have a history of homelessness or offending.
The client assists their service users to solve or manage the issues that are relevant to their own lives, including achieving stable accommodation, recovery and independence
Your new role
As the Service Manager you will have responsibility for all aspects of managing the service efficiently and effectively. You will give overall leadership, direction and guidance to the staff and volunteers to enable the provision and development of high quality services in line with the client Values and Strategies.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with adults who are vulnerable and have multiple needs, staff management, financial procedures and project management skills. You must be willing to work flexibly, which includes weekday hours, evenings, weekend working and on-call.
- Operational management experience, gained in complex service organisation, with experience of line management preferably to include experience of working with multiple need
- Good IT skills
- Proven track record of service delivery to vulnerable adults with complex needs
- Experience of developing new income streams and new business would be an advantage
Qualities and Behaviours
- Ability to build effective working partnerships both internal and external.
- Be able to sustain these through sometimes complex situations.
- Motivated to deliver a high quality service and have the ability to enthuse others to deliver their best.
- Responsible. Have an appropriate balance between being responsive to the needs of people and managing within the framework of the organisations objectives.
- Good problem solver and willingness to demonstrate flexibility
- Forward-thinker interested in continual improvement.
- Provide high quality leadership and line management to front line staff across service provision
- Undertake regular performance reviews and appraisals to promote positive people engagement, identify training needs and development opportunities
- Participate in the selection and induction of new staff to ensure that they are aware of their duties and the policies, practice and values of the client and our partner agencies.
- Ensure that all staff maintain high standards of professional performance at all times through adherence to the policies and procedural frameworks and those of our partner agencies.
- Ensure that disciplinary, complaints and grievance procedures are appropriately managed, including the undertaking of investigations and the conducting of disciplinary interviews when required
- Co-ordinate and monitor the workload of the team and ensure that all current performance and service standards are being met
- Develop areas where volunteers are able to contribute to work with the service and ensure volunteers are effectively managed and supported
What youll need to succeed
- Appropriate professional qualification:
- NVQ / Diploma level 4 in Health & Social Care or professional equivalent or equivalent experience.
- Staff Management Experience
- Direct experience of working with vulnerable adults with complex.
- Experience of working with ethnically diverse groups of service users
- Experience of successful management of budgets/KPIs
- Experience of providing commercial viable services and interventions to target client group
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people with complex needs including mental health problems
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation - Equality and Diversity, Mental Health, Criminal Justice, Social Care and Housing and H&S
- Knowledge and understanding of the practical requirements of the Care Standards Act 2000 and other relevant legislation
- A good understanding of the principles of staff development and management, e.g.
- supervision, appraisal & training
- Budgetary & performance management
What youll get in return
- Permanent job
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year
- Eye Care Vouchers
What you need to do now
If youre interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isnt quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For more info contact Daniel Essery on 020 7259 8715