Service Spotlight: Moving from a career in policing to the ‘outside world’ can be quite a daunting situation to be in, whether it’s because of retirement or because you feel that it’s time for a change.
· You think that your skills are not relevant to help you get a decent job.
· If you haven’t had to apply for jobs for a while and are not sure where to look.
· You don’t have recent experience of completing a good quality CV.
· You can’t remember the last time you had to prepare for an external job interview.
· Do you have a fear of the unknown.
At Leaving the Police, we are here to help. Having been where you are now and successfully come out the other side, we provide a range of services and information that will help you make the transition from the working environment you are used to, to one that you may not be so familiar with.
From regular webinars and support clinics, to a range of useful services and support mechanisms, we have the experience to make the next step of your life another success story. Our vision is to help colleagues to enjoy life after policing, making the successful transition from their policing career to the next stage of their working lives.
It is our aim to share our own learning, knowledge and experiences, having successfully made the leap from policing to the ‘outside world’, to assist other colleagues in taking their next steps with more confidence and clarity. We are creating a large community of former policing members where the sharing of this knowledge and experience creates a thriving community for others to benefit.