Storytelling Training: ‘SeeMe.HearMe.KnowMe’ – Words & Pictures Masterclass
Half Day Training Aims
- To enable practitioners to communicate confidently with young children using words and pictures to develop the child’s understanding of, and ability to contribute to, care-related decisions that impact on their lived world.
- Support introductions with children, building the child’s understanding of the practitioner’s role and remit and laying the foundations for reciprocity in practice.
Learning Outcomes - At the end of the Masterclass, delegates will:
Understand how to apply key concepts and techniques, in using words and pictures as a communication technique with young children, to increase the child’s:
- understanding of the social worker’s role and interventions
- expression of wishes and feelings
- opportunities to provide their view of the lived world and lived experiences
Be able to apply the learning from the workshop to support introduction – and beyond; laying the foundations for the professional relationship, built on reciprocity in practice, through:
- creation of joint understanding
- building joint meaning and partnership
- using a shared language and method of communication
- conveying empathy
- providing meaningful opportunities for the child to provide their wishes and views
Be able to create short stories, for young children or children with additional communication needs, using words and pictures, to:
- obtain information from children to feed into the assessment process
- develop the child’s understanding of, and ability to contribute to, care-related decisions that impact on their lived world
- provide children with information on the creation of plans for care and support.
Who should attend the training?
The workshop is appropriate for any practitioner working directly with young children in Social Work and Social Care settings, including:
*Student social workers (BA and MA) *Newly Qualified Social Workers (ASYE)
*Experienced and Senior Social Workers * Early Help Practitioners *Foster Carers
The workshop is supported by a range of ‘SeeMe.HearMe.KnowMe’ Tools™, providing practitioners with ready-to-use, easy-to-apply methods and techniques. The Tools ™ have been designed with practitioners in mind – with the clear aim of supporting and enhancing communication in direct practice. Tools™ are available to purchase during the Masterclass and can also be purchased directly from One Stop Social's online Books & Resources Store. Get in touch for more information.
AddressCreative Training Solutions
Phone0775 316 3449