Court Skills for Children’s Social Worker
This course is aimed at Social Workers in Children & Family Services who may need to give evidence in the Family & Youth Courts.
At the end of the course, participants wll have gained good working knowledge of how the court system works, together with an understanding of how to present evidence in an effective way and how to be effective under cross examination.
- Social Workers in Court: Figures & Key messages
- Role of Social Work Staff in Respect of Court Work
- The Social Worker at Court - Before Court
- The Social Worker at Court - At Court
- Addressing the Court
- Giving Evidence
- Owning your assessment/chronology/statement
- Preparing good case records
- Written Statement to the Court
This training course is run by experienced front-line social workers and managers.