Conducting Child Protection Section 47 Enquiries
This course is aimed at Social Workers in Children & Family Services who are required to undertake and completed Child Protection Enquiries (Section 47 of the Children Act 1989).
At the end of the course, participants will have gained a good working knowledge of how to conduct a section 47 enquiry and how to present evidence in an effective way.
- Duty to Conduct Section 47 Enquiries
- Immediate Protection
- Section 47 Thresholds and the Multi Agency Assessment
- Strategy Discussion / Meeting
- The Section 47 Enquiry
- Single Agency and Joint Agency Section 47 Enquiries
- Involving Children, Parents and Other Significant Family Members
- Medical Assessments
- Achieving Best Evidence Interviews
- The Outcome of Section 47 Enquiries
- Timescales for Section 47 Enquiries
This training course is run by experienced front-line social workers and managers and is available throughout England and Wales.