Care Act Case Law Update
This course is aimed at Social Care Managers and Staff. This full-day course provides an update on the Care Act. It includes an update in relation to recent case law, local ombudsman decisions and statutory guidance/governance.
This is a practical course and will explore the implications of recent case law on practice and will provide an opportunity for delegates to share experience and knowledge. The session will look at an awareness of recent relevant case law, an update on procedures and the latest practice guidance.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Identify and summarise key points of the Care Act.
- Overview of Mental Capacity Act 2005 & NHS Act 2006.
- Identify relevant legal and ombudsman cases.
- Identify implications for frontline practice.
- Duty to promote prevention, integration and information and advice.
- This Course is aimed at:
- Adult Social Workers
- Adult Advanced Practitioners
- Adult Team Managers/Managers
- Adult Staff
- Housing & Communities Division
This course can be facilitated throughout England and Wales.