Assessment Skills: Children and Families Assessments for Social Workers
This course is aimed at Social Workers in Children & Family Services who are required to undertake Children and Family Assessments as part of their role.
At the end of the course, participants will have gained detailed knowledge of what a ‘good’ assessment looks like and the contributing factors in supporting judgement and analytical thinking. We will look at how social workers can present their evidence of facts and how this shapes identified outcomes to support those in need.
- Foundations of good practice assessment
- Sources of information
- Preparation for interview/assessment meeting
- What does an analytical assessment consist of?
- Assessment is a fluid process
- Identifying a clear theoretical base
- Defensible not defensive decisions
- Use of conclusion to identify outcomes and plan
This training course is run by experienced front-line social workers and managers.