Do you require a practice educator for your student social worker? We have a number qualified social workers across England and Wales with extensive experience working in front-line services that are practice educator trained (Stage 2).
What we offer:
- Support Local Universities in identifying student social work placements.
- Provide ‘off site’ practice educators for social care services that do not have access to either a qualified social worker or practice educator.
- Completion of student social worker supervision, observations and practice paperwork.
- Provide application and interview skills workshop seminars for the student social worker.
We charge between £10 to £16 a day. But don’t worry, you don’t lose out as this cost will automatically be covered by Universities who pay £20 a day for a student social work placement. For this, we will complete all supervision sessions, observations and all practice placement paperwork. We even complete actions and learning plans should issues arise during placement. This removes the hazel for your service, whilst offering the added benefit of having an enthusiastic student social worker willing to learn.
Why do we offer this service?
Student social work placements are essential in developing front-line practice, which seeks to link theory to day to day service delivery. We believe that all students should be supported through effective supervision and observations where reflective and critical thinking is promoted. Our supervision is individually tailored to meet the needs of all students. We utilise theory, linking our standards to PCF and HCPC standards of practice.
- 70 days placement – 14 hours of supervision, 6 hours of observations and 4 hours of reporting writing/assessment. Total = 24 hours.
- 100 days placement – 20 hours of supervision, 8 hours of observations and 4 hours of reporting writing/assessment. Total = 32 hours.
Contact us today to find out further information in relation to our Practice Educator Service.
We have received positive feedback from Students and Placement Providers.
“Hi Matt, just thought I would let you know that I passed and got a first in my assessed interview. Thanks again for all of the support you gave me on placement.” (1st April 2017).
“Hiya Matt, just letting you know I got a 1st on my assessed interview. Scored in the 80’s. Thanks again for all your help on placement.” (21st February 2017).
today for all the latest news and views from One Stop Social