Pace (Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation) is the leading national charity working with parents and carers of sexually exploited children. Informed by over 21 years of working with families, the ACSEP course is taught by very highly experienced PACE staff, parents and leading experts from the fields of social work, police and academia.
Course Overview - The professionally accredited qualification covers:
- The latest research on trauma
- Best practice in working with marginalised groups
- Practical skills in how to support CSE affected families from disclosure through to the court process
- Training in therapeutic and reflective practice.
ACSEPs are CSE specialists, armed with a toolkit of cutting-edge methods in supporting affected families and helping investigations through to prosecution.
The qualification is a 9-day commitment, split into 3 modules:
- Module one: Working with affected families
- Module two: Understanding trauma and supporting families through the criminal justice system
- Module three: Multi agency working and online exploitation.
Follow link to download the course content.
Who the course is suitable for:
Candidates should have experience of working in CSE, in roles such as:
- Social worker
- Family Intervention Officer, Family Support Worker, Troubled Family Worker
- Independent CSE Worker
- Missing from Home Specialist
- PSCOs/PCs with CSE specialism
£1595 early bird (book 6 weeks before course start date)
£1800 full price
Contact PACE who can provide advice on funding options for the course.