Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Risk and Safeguarding: Guidance for professionals. FGM is not an issue that can be decided on by personal preference – it is an illegal, extremely harmful practice and a form of child abuse and violence against women and girls. All below documents have been prepared and developed by FGM Prevention programme team, Department of Health.
Document 1 – Risk and Safeguarding: Guidance for professionals
- Chapter 1. Safeguarding against FGM 1
- Chapter 2. Existing Guidance and legislative framework 5
- Chapter 3. Methodology 9
- Chapter 4. How to use this document 11
- Chapter 5. Future work 17
- Annex 1. Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Safeguarding
- Risk Assessment Guidance 19
- Annex 2. Contributors 31
Document 2 – Risk Assessment Templates
These templates will help you make a decision as to whether the unborn child (or other female children in the family) are at risk of FGM or whether the woman herself is at risk of further harm in relation to her FGM.